Pickup and Delivery
XXXX, Ontario, Canada
Join other businesses as a contracted service provider to FedEx Ground. This business opportunity offers an established customer base, outstanding revenue potential and potential opportunities for growth, backed by the power of the FedEx brand.
Contracted businesses are an important link to both residential and commercial FedEx Ground customers. These businesses pick up and deliver packages within service areas through agreements that provide operational flexibility and earnings potential. Profits are determined largely by the business’s success in the planning and execution of its day-to-day operations and ability to meet customer demands, including volume surges such as during Peak season.
FedEx Ground contracts with independent businesses that are established as corporations under state/provincial law in the U.S. or Canada. Businesses must be registered and remain in good standing in the states/provinces in which they are incorporated and in which they conduct business.
Pursuant to the agreements with FedEx Ground, contracted service providers are responsible for, among other things, the following:
- Employer-related expenses, including wages, salaries, benefits, employment taxes, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation coverage, etc.
- Recruiting and training their personnel
- Maintaining payroll and employment records, and complying with all applicable local, state/provincial and federal laws (including wages, payroll deductions, overtime, rest and meal periods, etc.)
- Employment policies and practices, including compensation for their employees and other personnel/staffing decisions
- Supply, maintaining and managing vehicles and equipment
- Preparing and maintaining a comprehensive safety program to ensure safe operations
- Managing their day-to-day operations to achieve the contracted-for results, including daily activities, route design, delivery sequence, and the means to meet customer expectations and demands
This is not a posting for a particular contracting opportunity. Candidates interested in contracting with FedEx Ground under an Independent Contractor(IC) Agreement can respond to this posting to receive an email with links to access a sample IC Agreement and a generic Request for Information (RFI) for review.
The mileage/kilometerage and stop and package volume information above represents an average and is provided for informational purposes only. This information is not, nor is it intended to project or represent current or future volume for this growth opportunity. Daily mileage/kilometerage and stop volume varies and the information is not intended to replace, supersede, or otherwise serve as the sole consideration for a business decision to submit an RFI response.