Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Join other businesses as a contracted service provider to FedEx Ground. This business opportunity offers an established customer base, outstanding revenue potential and potential opportunities for growth, backed by the power of the FedEx brand. A rapidly expanding network of regional hubs and local stations creates a need for businesses that can provide over-the-road service with safe, dependable drivers and equipment.
Contracted service providers for linehaul services benefit from:
- Package volume growth
- Weekly settlement on all contracted miles — loaded or empty
- Variable mileage rate by trip leg distance
- Voluntary seasonal incentives
- Drop & hook freight
- Network of on-site fueling stations at wholesale prices
- Third-party vendor discounts — truck maintenance, tires and more
FedEx Ground contracts with independent businesses that are established as corporations under state/provincial law in the U.S. or Canada. Businesses must be registered and remain in good standing in the states/provinces in which they are incorporated and in which they conduct business.
Pursuant to the agreements with FedEx Ground, contracted service providers are responsible for, among other things, the following:
- Employer-related expenses, including wages, salaries, benefits, employment taxes, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation coverage, etc.
- Recruiting and training their personnel
- Maintaining payroll and employment records, and complying with all applicable local, state/provincial and federal laws (including wages, payroll deductions, overtime, rest and meal periods, etc.)
- Employment policies and practices, including compensation for their employees and other personnel/staffing decisions
- Supplying, maintaining and managing vehicles and equipment
- Preparing and maintaining a comprehensive safety program to ensure safe operations
- Managing their day-to-day operations to achieve the contracted-for results, including daily activities, route design, delivery sequence, and the means to meet customer expectations and demands
This is not a posting for a particular contracting opportunity. Candidates interested in contracting with FedEx Ground under an Transportation Service Provider (TSP) Agreement can respond to this posting to receive an email with links to access a sample TSP Agreement and a generic Request for Information (RFI) for review.