Port Wentworth, Georgia, United States
Available Opportunities: 2
Join other businesses as a contracted service provider to FedEx Ground. This business opportunity offers an established customer base, outstanding revenue potential and potential opportunities for growth, backed by the power of the FedEx brand. A rapidly expanding network of regional hubs and local stations creates a need for businesses that can provide over-the-road service with safe, dependable drivers and equipment.
Contracted service providers for linehaul services benefit from:
- Package volume growth
- Weekly settlement on all contracted miles — loaded or empty
- Variable mileage rate by trip leg distance
- Voluntary seasonal incentives
- Drop & hook freight
- Network of on-site fueling stations at wholesale prices
- Third-party vendor discounts — truck maintenance, tires and more
FedEx Ground contracts with independent businesses that are established as corporations under state/provincial law in the U.S. or Canada. Businesses must be registered and remain in good standing in the states/provinces in which they are incorporated and in which they conduct business.
Pursuant to the agreements with FedEx Ground, contracted service providers are responsible for, among other things, the following:
- Employer-related expenses, including wages, salaries, benefits, employment taxes, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation coverage, etc.
- Recruiting and training their personnel
- Maintaining payroll and employment records, and complying with all applicable local, state/provincial and federal laws (including wages, payroll deductions, overtime, rest and meal periods, etc.)
- Employment policies and practices, including compensation for their employees and other personnel/staffing decisions
- Supplying, maintaining and managing vehicles and equipment
- Preparing and maintaining a comprehensive safety program to ensure safe operations
- Managing their day-to-day operations to achieve the contracted-for results, including daily activities, route design, delivery sequence, and the means to meet customer expectations and demands
Assigned PM Single Runs: ( 2 Available )
Originates in Port Wentworth, GA with turns between Ellenwood, GA and Port Wentworth, GA.
Average Weekly Mileage: 3,353
The award of an Assigned Run, Unassigned Run Position or Assigned Spot through this opportunity is contingent upon the service provider providing a tractor with FCAM and all safety technology as set forth in the Transportation Service Provider Agreement
The mileage/kilometerage and stop and package volume information above represents an average and is provided for informational purposes only. This information is not, nor is it intended to project or represent current or future volume for this growth opportunity. Daily mileage/kilometerage and stop volume varies and the information is not intended to replace, supersede, or otherwise serve as the sole consideration for a business decision to submit an RFI response.