Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted companies, FedEx provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e‑commerce and business services. FedEx offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand.
FedEx Ground — Part of the FedEx portfolio
FedEx is organized into separate subsidiaries — FedEx Services, FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Freight. Each of these companies has its own independent operations to best serve the needs of its distinct customer segment.
FedEx Services provides sales, marketing, technology and customer service support for the FedEx transportation businesses. Its subsidiaries include:
FedEx Express provides time-sensitive express services, serving more than 220 countries with a global air and ground network. Its subsidiaries include:
- FedEx Trade Networks – provides integrated air and ocean forwarding solutions
- FedEx CrossBorder – offers e‐commerce technology solutions for cross-border selling challenges
- FedEx SupplyChain – provides supply chain management solutions
- TNT – recent acquisition enhances shipping capabilities in Europe
FedEx Ground provides dependable day-definite ground pickup and delivery services, serving business and residential customers through FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery® and FedEx SmartPost® services.
FedEx Freight is a leading provider of regional less-than-truckload services. Its subsidiary is:
- FedEx Custom Critical – provides time-specific, door-to-door, same-day, and next-day delivery of critical shipments
GENCO – provides product lifecycle and reverse logistics solutions
These companies are united by the “absolutely, positively” spirit that people have come to expect from FedEx. Customers can choose the right shipping service — Ground, Express or Freight — to achieve the price and delivery priority they need, while still realizing the benefits of the FedEx brand.
Operating independently — but competing collectively under the FedEx portfolio of companies — FedEx Ground provides customers with dependable business-to-business delivery in the U.S. and Canada, as well as convenient residential FedEx Home Delivery® and FedEx SmartPost® services in the U.S.
FedEx Ground service offerings
In general, FedEx Ground provides service offerings within three segments of the package pickup, delivery and transportation services market:
- FedEx Ground — pickup and delivery of small packages, typically boxes, weighing less than 150 pounds, generally within the business-to-business market segment
- FedEx Home Delivery (U.S.) — dedicated residential ground package service, offering flexible delivery options — including delivery by appointment, evening deliveries and Saturday deliveries
- FedEx SmartPost (U.S.) — consolidation of high volumes of low-weight, less time-sensitive business-to-consumer packages through its network of distribution hubs, with final delivery provided by the U.S. Postal Service in most cases.
See Hub Network for more details.